Key West, Florida: The Gates Hotel
Boutique in Size but Big in Charm
By Sherra Meyers
The Gates Hotel is located just off the entry point of Key West. Key West, Florida is a charming location for your destination wedding – with Caribbean island flair but a domestic US address. The best part, it is easily accessible for you and your guests by airplane, car or boat. This boutique hotel will be the perfect host to your wedding party, friends and family.
HERE’S THE SCOOP
The Gates Hotel is a wonderful place to have your wedding party and guests stay. The boutique style of the hotel creates a cozy home away from home atmosphere. The stylish nautical modern design of the rooms is creative and clever. From luxury linens to Key West Aloe and Key Lime Bath Essentials and light yet plushy cotton robes, you and your guests find only the best comfort. The Gates Hotel has even included a tablet in each room for guests to surf the web with complimentary WI-FI access.
OUT AND ABOUT
- Rum Row. The hotel poolside bar with a creative prohibition theme that has taken rum drinks to a new level with a popular local following with live music. What else would you expect with an exclusive partnership with First Legal Rum Distillery?
- Lorenzo Martone Bike Rentals. To get around in Key West by car can be daunting. Parking is extremely limited. The ultimate way to see everything is by bike. Bike rentals on-site at hotel.
- Captain your own rehearsal dinner or sunset cruise on a Fury Sailing cruises. A wonderful way for you and your guests to get together and enjoy the local maritime. Rehearsal dinner on the water?
- Go down in history at the Hemingway House, host to wedding ceremonies and receptions.
WE SIMPLY ADORE
- Rum Row is a funky little poolside bar with live entertainment during happy hour.
- The Gates Hotel has their own humidor offering Rodriguez hand-rolled Cuban cigars, especially for hotel and its guests.
NOTE TO SELF
- First Legal Rum Distillery not only gets you hooked at the Rum Row Bar but also has tasting tours at their local distillery.
- Rodriguez Cigars can also hand-roll cigars at your event.
BIG DAY DETAILS
The Gates is starting construction on the Sunset Green event lawn designed to host weddings complete with a wedding trellis – perfect for Key West inspired weddings. See renderings of the future space below.