Montage Palmetto Bluff, Bluffton, South Carolina
Luxury Retreat and Southern Hospitality offer Charming Setting for Nuptials
By Sherra Meyers
Along the coast of Bluffton, South Carolina near Hilton Head is a quaint retreat tucked along the ancient oak trees and palmettos called Montage Palmetto Bluff. With gas lantern lit roads and pathways this charming resort offers luxury lowcountry-style. The accommodations sprinkle the grounds. The welcoming Guest House is graced with interior colors reflecting the natural surroundings and ornamented with antiques, fine art and antique heart pine floors. The rooms are beautifully fresh and spacious with terrace or balcony. Additional accommodations include enchanting cottage and cottage suites, wonderfully situated for wedding parties and families.
WE SIMPLY ADORE
- Sunrise kayaking – steps from the boathouse – simply breathtaking
- May River Chapel – seating up to 100 – storybook precious
- Buffalo’s infamous Biscuit Bar – think indulgent, post-celebration brunch
- Spa Montage Palmetto Bluff, relaxing, soulful experience, the perfect retreat for calming the jitters and primping for the entire bridal party
OUT AND ABOUT
- Grace, the resort’s distinctive 60-ft, restored 1913 motor yacht is available for scenic tours, wine cruises, Sunday brunch and can also be reserved for private charters.
- Visit the resorts boathouse for kayaking and paddle boarding, fishing, canoeing, and waterskiing along the May River.
- The Palmetto Bluff Shooting Club; an impressive clay shooting experience with 15 shooting sites.
- May River Golf Club has the Jack Nicklaus fingerprint on this scenic 18-hole golf course winding throughout live oaks and palmettos with sightings of neighborly alligators and resident fowl.
- Wilson Lawn and Racquet Club features eight Har-Tru tennis courts, two croquet lawns and two bocce courts with relaxing shaded rest areas for on-looking supporters.
GET THE DISH
- Jessamine is located inside The Inn. Known for serving Southern charm and chops. All-day dining includes indoor/outdoor seating with a stunning breakfast sunrise. Vine, a most beautifully appointed private dining room offers a delightful option for your rehearsal dinner.
- The Inn’s Fore & Aft is a casual, outdoor spot with a vantage point for viewing the lagoons and all the frolics from the neighboring avian sanctuary.
- Buffalo’s is a casual southern inspired cuisine and a favorite among the locals. Located in the charming Wilson Village with May River views.
- Canoe Club serves up lowcountry fare with locally sourced vegetables, beef and poultry including the locally drawn shrimp, oysters and seafood.
- Libations at the River House Veranda overlooking the May River are to be remembered with crackling bon fires and homemade marshmallows for the roasting! (if they make it that far).
BIG DAY DETAILS
Two chapels are on property for your coastal Carolina ceremony. The intimate and charming May River Chapel will reach out to your romantic senses with dramatic river views. The Somerset Chapel holds a stately presence near the Guest House with the ability to handle larger guest lists. Depending on the size of your event and the formality of the event, the on-site specialists will guide you through the options of lush lawn to fire pits to ballroom with wraparound veranda overlooking the May River at sunset, creating the most romantic setting for your lowcountry celebration.
Obsessed with the Carolina’s? Check out this Dusty Blue + Gold Wrightsville Manor Wedding in North Carolina.