CANCUN, MEXICO: DREAMS RIVIERA CANCUN RESORT AND SPA
Where Dreams Come True
By Sherra Meyers
On the border between Cancun and Riviera Maya lays Dreams Resort, a luxurious resort oasis for couples and families. Unlimited-luxury is their key-phrase, they are so serious about it they even trademarked it. Unlimited-luxury takes all-inclusive one step further where nearly everything is included. There are 486 over-sized guestrooms and suites, fully appointed and elegantly furnished.
HERE’S THE SCOOP
Dreams Resort is a little slice of Heaven. The rooms are large and spacious, decked out with elegant furnishings and Caribbean appointments including stocked mini refrigerators and snacks. From beach and pool views to private plunge pools, each room is comfortable and inviting.
BIG DAY DETAILS
Dreams Resorts are experts at designing their destination wedding events. They have an entire department and studio dedicated to creating each magical event. There are many options and packages to choose from easily customizing as much or as little as needed. From beach, pavilion or garden weddings there are plenty of venues to choose from.
GET THE DISH
There are six a’ la carte restaurants to enjoy during your visit, some serving 24 hours.
- Bordeaux (adult only) serving French cuisines
- Himitsu, Pan-Asian cuisine
- Oceana serving seafood specialties
- Portofino’s specializing in Italian and Mediterranean cuisine
- Seaside Grill, grilled favorites and authentic Mexican fare
- World Café, international buffet
- El Patio, authentic Mexican cuisine with entertaining Mariachi bands
- Coco Café is Dreams Resort coffee shop and ice cream parlor
If this isn’t enough or you are feeling adventurous, Dreams Resort has a special program called Sip, Savor & See. This allows guests to dine at any of their sister neighboring properties for dinner. Transportation extra charge.
OUT AND ABOUT
- Full service Dreams Spa by Prevonia offers a wide range of treatments.
- Activities include are cooking, cocktail-making, dance and Spanish lessons, yoga, bocce ball, soccer and football, biking trips, beach parties, theme nights, beach Olympics and hobie cats, kayaks, sailing, snorkeling and much more.
- For an extra charge they will arrange a group or private sport fishing trip, diving clinics, scuba diving and swimming with dolphins. There are also golf outings nearby.
WE SIMPLY ADORE
- Every afternoon the restaurant staff, decked out in their chef whites, passing hors d’oeuvres to guests at all pools. Very impressive and tasty too.
- The Dreams Spa by Prevonia hydrotherapy area includes various water pressures incorporated into cascading water falls.
- Ping-Pong tables in the pool. Genius!
- The activities staff is creative and enthusiastic about participation, but not pushy.
- Daily specialty food carts appear poolside, one better than the last.
NOTE TO SELF
For private round-trip airport transportation book through Seasons Tours, worry-free and worth the additional fee.